Chocolate & Confection Intern
Seasonal: This is a full time position during which you will become well versed in preparing, tempering, hand-molding, hand-dipping and enrobing chocolates, bonbons, and other confections. We are looking for honest, hardworking individuals who work well with a team. Students who would like to further their chocolate and confection skills are highly encouraged.
This position is responsible for assisting in preparation of chocolates and confections. You will also be responsible for cleaning molds, preparing ingredients, molding chocolates and general kitchen cleaning. The position is 40 hours per week, Monday -- Friday 8:30-5:00 pm, usually with the opportunity for overtime closer to the holidays. You must be very detail oriented, highly organized, a self starter and independent worker.
- Preparing & Scaling ingredients
- Molding chocolates
- Cleaning molds
- Packaging chocolates
- Cleaning and organizing kitchen
- Recording daily production and keeping an inventory
- 1+ years working in a kitchen environment or school equivalent
- Comfortable in the kitchen and passionate about artisan products
- Highly organized with strong detail orientation and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This is a seasonal position. Compensation is $13.50/hr, Monday-Friday, with paid holidays.
To apply, please email a resume and put "Chocolate and Confection Intern" in the subject line. We will be setting up interviews in the next week. We regret that we cannot reply to all emails.