CHOCOLATE DIPPED COCONUT MACAROONS
Lasts for 3 days
Featured in this Recipe:
As fans of our Almond Coconut Bittersweet Tiles would know, Bittersweet Chocolate is the best friend of fresh shredded coconut.
This recipe will show you how to turn your favorite Poco Dolce Bittersweet Chocolate Bar into bites of Bittersweet Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
3 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 14-ounce package shredded coconut* (about 5 cups)
6 ounces of your favorite dark chocolate
(we used our Hazelnut Chocolate Bar)
* We used unsweetened, but sweetened works just as well
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Vigorously whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Wisk until glossy, foamy, and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Fold in coconut until evenly combined.
- Drop the batter in 2 tbsp mounds 1" apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Slowly melt chocolate in microwave in 10 sec intervals.
- Remove from microwave when completely melted.
- Set up a new sheet of parchment paper.
- Gently dip bottoms of macaroons in melted chocolate and place on parchment.
- Repeat with all macaroons.