DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTED OLIVE OIL CAKE
Featured in this Recipe:
81% Cacao Bittersweet Bar
Try out our fresh Olive Oil Cake recipe for a light and fluffy snack perfect for a Summer picnic. To welcome the newest addition to our line of dairy-free Bittersweet Chocolate Bars, we also frosted this airy cake with a Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache made from our 81% Cacao Olive Oil Bar.
We hope you enjoy the soft and smooth texture Olive Oil gives to this cake and to our chocolate.
OLIVE OIL CAKE
3 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup olive oil
(plus addition for greasing)
1 cup cake flour
½ tablespoon baking soda
½ tablespoon salt
Optional: 1 lemon
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
7-8 ounces bittersweet chocolate*
1 cup heavy cream
PAN SIZE: 9''
* We used our 81% Cacao Olive Oil Bar but any of our Bittersweet Chocolate Bars or Drinking Chocolate work for this step.
Olive Oil Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Optional: Pictured above is a lemon-flavored Olive Oil Cake. If you’d like to follow along and make the same, now is the time to zest and juice the lemon before moving on.
- Oil the pan with your olive oil of choise and line the bottom with a layer of round parchment paper.
- Don’t forget to oil the parchment paper as well so it’s easy to peel right off the cake when you’re done.
- Beat the egg and sugar together in a large bowl, then drizzle in your olive oil until light and well blended.
- If you’re using a lemon, add in the zest and juice to the egg and sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients- - flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet mixture a little at a time until fully combined.
- If you’re not using lemon, feel free to use whatever flavoring you like at this point.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan you’ve prepared and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check with a knife or toothpick – insert into the cake and if it comes out clean, it’s done!.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- In a heat safe bowl, break up about four Bittersweet Chocolate Bars of your choice into easy-to melt squares and set it aside. We used our newsest 81% Cacao Olive Oil Bar for this recipe.
- In a saucepan, put your cream on medium heat and bring it to a simmer for 5 minutes
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and fold the mixture until it is smooth.
- When the consistency is just right, glaze on your chocolate ganache. It should be cool enough to spread around but still liquid enough to pour a nice thin layer over the whole cake.
- Use a spatula to spread until the entire cake is covered. Serve as is or chilled.