CHOCOLATE DIPPED COCONUT MACAROONS
Lasts for 3 days
Featured in this Recipe:
Hazelnut Chocolate Bar
As fans of our Almond Coconut Bittersweet Tiles would know, Bittersweet Chocolate is the best friend of fresh shredded coconut.
This gluten-free recipe will show you how to turn your favorite Poco Dolce Bittersweet Chocolate Bar into bites of Bittersweet Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
3 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 14-ounce package shredded coconut* (about 5 cups)
6 ounces of your favorite dark chocolate
(we used our Hazelnut Chocolate Bar)
* We used unsweetened, but sweetened works just as well
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Vigorously whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Wisk until glossy, foamy, and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Fold in coconut until evenly combined.
- Drop the batter in 2 tbsp mounds 1" apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Slowly melt chocolate in microwave in 10 sec intervals.
- Remove from microwave when completely melted.
- Set up a new sheet of parchment paper.
- Gently dip the bottoms of each macaroon in the melted chocolate and place on parchment.
- Repeat with all macaroons.