MAYAN CHILE FUDGE POPSICLES
Includes Freezing Time
Lasts 1 week in freezer.
Store in an airtight container or left in their pop molds.
Featured in this Recipe:
Mayan Chile Chocolate Bars
Like some of our chocolates (Aztec Chile Tiles, Mayan Chile Bar,) these fudge pops are not too sweet and just a little spicy. You may want to add some powdered sugar to get a slightly sweeter fudge pop. To add a little variety or to experiment, try adding ground dried chipotle to the cayenne.
Note: 4 of our Mayan Chile Bars work as a substitute for the chocolate, cinnamon, and cayenne in this recipe.
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate*
15 ounces heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
(ground, dried) - adjust to taste
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 Tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
You'll need ice pop molds for this recipe!
* Both our Bittersweet Chocolate Bars and Drinking Chocolate work for this step
- Place chopped chocolate into a medium glass mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, ground chiles and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat. (A microwave and a glass bowl also works fine.)
- Whisk constantly until cocoa is dissolved, just before it comes to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then whisk gently until all chocolate is melted and combined with ingredients.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the freezer pop molds and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid. Enjoy!